As is often with Merlin I was distracted by Bradley James - Arthur, now there's one fine figure of a man - but this week I paid special attention to the story since I'd been reliably informed that dear Uther was ready to pop his clogs. No more sitting like Golem in a corner for the defunct King, he was off to meet his maker.
I should say that I'd hoped he'd get a great send off, perhaps Morgana would break into his chambers and stab him in his sleep? Or maybe the horrid Uncle would sneak in and finish him off? A las no sneaky stabbings occured. Instead the random wormy guy that I last saw in Rose and Malone popped up for a short stint as a fake jester. Spiking Arthur's apple before attempting to kill the drugged up prince, inadvertently led to a quick clashing of blades and the eventual death of Uther.
And that was that.
Well not quite, but essentially the hard-line king met his death at the end of some randomer's blade. Disappointing.
But Merlin - being Merlin - went on to redeem itself. In a lovely twist Merlin hurried on Uther's death with a magical mix up and Morgana's remote intervention.
How will he cope with the knowledge he ended all sorcerers hope of no longer living in fear? that he killed the king? Well that's all to come!
Leaving me with nothing else to say, but that it was pretty funny to see 'old Merlin' again. Comedy sat well amongst the darkness of the rest of the episode. It's what Merlin does best. So the a quirky banter exchange between Merlin the elder and Arthur the younger Merlin sealed the deal - I'll be tuning in next week. There's still Bradley James to drool over!
That just leaves me to share this...
Merlin really has let himself go...
9:00 PM
Jo-Anne Rowney

Posted in: 

0 comments:
Post a Comment