Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WYD 2011: The waiting is over


Gatwick SouthToday is the last day before the Westminster group head to Spain.
Yes, the waiting is now over and we're all in a mad rush and panic to pack those last minute things.
This morning before heading in to work I could be found sitting resolutely on my suitcase. Jamming all those essentials in. Trying to get it to shut - worrying that my suitcase is too heavy, too big.
Of course once I'd dragged my case onto the bus and arrived at work, a new set of questions arose. What equipment do I need? Does it fit in hand luggage?
So now I'm half ready - still got to pack away my laptop and cameras - I'm a terrrible traveler. I can fly, drive or coach any journey fine, its the worry in making sure you have everything, it drives me mad!
Packing all done, I've registered the Comms Officers for iCat, which you can read abouthere. I'm just finishing off my notes as I'm speaking at the event! I looked at the list of speakers earlier and they are all very qualified! Should be interesting.
Now I'm off to finish off those niggling bits and pieces, and then there is nothing more we can do. I'll be off on the Gatwick express and chekcing in to Travelodge trying to grab a few zs before our early flight to Porto (yes Portugal!).
We'll be checking in at 4:30am, and flying about 6:55am, so say a pray for a safe flight! 
Porto
Once we land we have a coach ride from Portugal to Salamanca ahead of us, so after I've sampled the scenice views I'll be catching up on that sleep I lost. 
We should arrive in Salamanca about 3pm in time for a rest and a welcome Mass for the weary pilgrims. 
The pilgrimage is an unknown for most of us, we haven't experienced something on this scale before let alone a pilgrimage. It will be a journey that will hopefully teach us a lot about our faith, as well as a chance to meet new people and make new friends. 
We'll have fun, but there's a spritual side to this journey too. People keep asking me if I'm looking forward to my "holiday" to Madrid. I answer "Yes, I can't wait for my pilgrimageto begin." 
That's it for now, next time I blog we'll be in Spain! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons